Wednesday, July 28, 2010

The Seaweed Harvest

Excuse me for my lack of posting, but I had a brilliant idea on the weekend, and am currently putting it into motion, so just wait! I will probably add a hint in this post, but it's up to you to find it.

As I mentioned the other day, I made ice cream for non-raw-vegan-kids. Very fussy kids, too. Did they like it? Well originally when I started telling them about the ingredients one of them straight away said, "Ew, no thanks." Haha, did he regret saying that later! At first I pretended to refuse to give him any ("I thought you didn't want any so I didn't make enough for you") but let's just say they liked it. Like REALLY liked it. I've been perfecting my ice cream recipe.

Anyway, we went on a seaweed harvest the other day. I may not seem normal, but I think it's fair enough to like knowing where what I'm eating came from, and so I prefer to harvest it myself. As a lot of y'all out thar probably know, seaweed/sea vegetables are a great source of nutrients especially iodine. So we were keen on getting some for ourselves: for free.

Ohai Thar pug. Where are you going?

"Why I'm off to the beach to get some seaweed."


It was the middle of winter, and the beach was freezing. It still looked nice, though.



Doesn't it look edible?


Hambley the Pug loves seaweed.

Now what?


I washed it.

And then I dehydrated it.

Before being dehydrated.

Now to use it...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Site Meter