Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Raspberries Part 1

We have plenty of raspberries at the moment. So I thought I would do a two part post of some desserts that I will spontaneously make. Yes, no recipes, I will 'wing it' as the cool kids say.

Raspberry Cheesecake


Ingredients:

Base:
2c Walnuts/Cashews/Macadamia nuts
8 Medjool Dates
1T melted Coconut Oil
1t Vanilla Essence
1T Water (or more)
(Optional: 1/4c Cacao Powder)

What I did first was process the nuts till they became crumbly, then processed everything else. You reach the right consistency when you can press the dough into a ball and it will hold.

Transfer into a pie dish (or whatever those things are called...) and put in the freezer while you make the cheese part.

I had leftover, so I made some Brownies.


Filling:
2c Cashews (I soaked mine overnight because when I soak them they get bigger, therefore I get more cashew for my dollar!)
1.5c Water
2+c Raspberries (Mine are frozen because we freeze ours after picking, but who cares right.) I would suggest more, depending on how red you want the filling to be!
1/2 c melted Coconut Oil
1/2 Honey (or you could use Agave, but I like to use raw organic Honey)

Blend it all!

Pour the filling into the pie crust, and put it back in the freezer for about 2 hours. Then it should be ready to serve.

YUM.

And in a few days, there will be Raspberry Ice Cream. That's right, RASPBERRY ICE CREAM.

5 comments:

  1. looks yummy !! never tried to use coconut oil .. what else could i use instead ?

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh my yum!!!!
    http://inthekitchenwithdebra.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. this looks sooo delicious! thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Site Meter