Friday, June 25, 2010

Raw Recipe: Stylishly Strawberried Sorbet

So this is like the yummest thang ever to eat, like seriously.

When I was last in Sydney I ate something similiar to this, and when my mum bought some strawberries a few days ago, I instantly attempted to replicate it!

It is so simple, and basic, in fact, it's a crime to use the word 'recipe', since it has only 3 ingredients.

So with no further procrastination, let us introduce them.

Ingredients:
1 & 1/2 cups of Frozen Organic Strawberries
1/2 cup of Water (filter it if you want)
1 tbsp of Honey

Enough for 2 small glasses, or if you're greedy (like myself) 1 big glass.

Method: (Well, there isn't one, really)
Put the ingrediants in a blender, and blend! You may want to add more water, but only a tablespoon at a time. There is no way you want it to be runny, that would just ruin the moment completely.

When it is the 'right' texture (you will know, trust me), add it to the glass(es), add a strawberry on top if you want to add artistic flair, maybe sprinkle on some Goji Berries, and VOILA.



Because we live in the world of Orthorexic Obsession, I thought I'd add the Nutrition Info, so you can feel even better about eating this instead of the giant chocolate cake that you were going to eat.

Serving Size: 1/2 large cup

Amount Per Serving

Calories 64
Total Fat 0g
Sodium 0mg
Total Carbohydrate 16.97g
Dietary Fiber 2.2g
Sugars 12.26g
Protein 1.18g

I don't really like to think of food as a bunch of Nutrients with fancy names, but it's nice to know that what you're eating isn't going to give you heart disease, which is commonly understood when eating something that tastes good. But Raw-Vegan isn't like that!

Despite the fact it is the middle of winter, it is still possibly the nicest thing ever, but seriously guys, conserve your strawberries, they are few and far between, so unless you win the lottery every day, I suggest you eat this only once a week.

I'm so happy we managed to find some Organic Strawberries. I added them to my raw-vegan Breakfast (Cream o' Buckwheat), and it gave it an almost 'fluffy' texture.

I'd just like to add that ALL the recipes I post on here will be Raw-Vegan, because being a Raw-Vegan is the Shizz.

1 comment:

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Site Meter